Explore Individual & Family Health Insurance Plans
It is important to provide health insurance for the most
Health Insurance is a necessity for many people. It can be difficult to find the right plan, but we make it easy with our online tool that provides personalized quotes in minutes. We’ll help you find the best coverage at an affordable price and provide peace of mind knowing your family is protected.
You deserve quality healthcare coverage, and we want to help make sure you get it! Our goal is to offer a wide variety of plans tailored specifically for your needs so that everyone has access to high-quality care they deserve. Let us take care of all the details so you can focus on living well and being happy!
Find Affordable Health Insurance In Kansas City
Health Insurance Plans
1. Affordable Care Act Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a law that mandates health insurance companies to offer major medical, comprehensive coverage or even plans known as “Obamacare” and they’re typically the most complete policies on the market. If you have chronic illness or face an emergency, these ACA-compliant plans can protect you from overwhelming expenses!
ACA plans can save you money and provide benefits for a broad range of health care services including doctor visits, prescriptions drugs as well as both inpatient and outpatient. This health insurance coverage is available to everyone regardless of if they have preexisting conditions or not.
2. Medical Indemnity Plans
These plans are known as fee-for-service plans. If you visit the doctor, for example, and your bill is $100 but they have a plan that pays out only $50 per medical service; then this type of insurance would give you back to what it says on the fifty dollars!
Medical indemnity plans can be a good supplement to your health insurance. For example, you could choose to purchase medical indemnity as an addition or backup for out-of-pocket expenses like copays and coinsurance that are not covered by other types of healthcare coverage such as short-term health benefits. With these protections in place, this type of plan will provide peace of mind without breaking the bank on many distinct levels because it is going after what’s left over – which doesn’t cover preexisting conditions, nor does it include any lifetime limits but still offers some protection from financial risk if something major were ever to happen during their chosen time limit.
Medical indemnity plans are not right for everyone, but if you want help covering medical costs and expenses, they may be worth a second look.
3. Short-Term Health Insurance
Short-term plans are a temporary way to cover yourself with health insurance for a short timeframe. They offer basic coverage and can be for any period between 30 days and 12 months, depending on the type of short-term plan you choose. This flexible option is ideal for people that have gaps in their coverage needs or cannot afford monthly premiums of other types of long-term policies.
This can often be referred to as accident insurance.
Easy enrollment and quick turnaround times make these options desirable among many people who need access to medical care without all the headaches!
4. Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
CHIP is a government program that provides health insurance coverage to eligible children through both Medicaid and separate CHIP programs. It’s administered by states, offering financial assistance, according to federal requirements which provide funding jointly between state governments and the federal government. To learn more about Missouri’s Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), visit https://mydss.mo.gov/healthcare/mohealthnet-for-kids
5. Dental Insurance
We offer several options for dental insurance. Dental plans have different monthly premiums, waiting periods, and services covered. View your dental insurance options available in your area.
6. Long-Term Care Insurance
Long-term care insurance is a product that helps pay for the costs associated with long-term care. Long-terms, in general, are not covered by health insurance or Medicare but this type of policy does cover some aspects such as medical attention and living assistance.
Find your most affordable health plan
New, expanded savings available from the American Rescue Plan
Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies
Enroll in under 10 minutes
What are the 3 types of health insurance
When purchasing health coverage, your choices typically fall into one of three types of insurance categories:
- Health maintenance organizations (HMOs) often have lower co-payments and cover more preventive care, but these types of plans limit your ability to choose a health insurance provider outside those who participate in that plan network. You can check the network providers list to verify if your doctor is in the network.
- Preferred provider organizations (PPOs), on the other hand, give you lower co-pays like HMOs while still allowing for some freedom when selecting providers; this can be seen as an attractive option if funds are tight or there is a special need such as chronic illness requiring specific therapeutic expertise not available at local hospitals).
- Exclusive provider organization (EPOs) have become a more common type of network for individual health insurance options. An EPO is a little bit like a hybrid of an HMO and a PPO, which means, like an HMO, your health insurance plan will cover medical expenses if you visit an in-network healthcare provider, doctor, hospital, or other place offering health care services without the referral restriction, so you have more freedom like a PPO.
- Traditional fee-for-service plans are usually the most expensive choice, but they offer you the most flexibility in choosing providers. There are no network providers for fee-for-service plans, and they often have higher insurance premiums.
Buying Your Health Insurance Plan
You have 3 options when buying your health insurance.
Sometimes, you can buy directly from the insurance company
Register, shop, and buy your plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace
Work with an independent insurance agent, who can show you all plans from each insurance company.
A local independent insurance advisor will help you review all health insurance programs and help you navigate the health insurance system. We will help you understand the types of insurance available, and any additional insurance products and insurance bundles that may be best for you.
Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace® is a suitable place for you to go if you’re shopping for health insurance. It’s an easy and convenient way to get health care costs, compare plans, and enroll in a plan that meets your needs. In the Health Insurance Marketplace, you will find out if qualifying for any discounts and savings to make your insurance more affordable.
Qualifying for subsidies
Federal or State Marketplace that can lower the amount you spend on your monthly premium through advanced tax credits and/or subsidies based on your household income. Under the Affordable Care Act, Americans making between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level may qualify for a health insurance subsidy.
What Health Insurance Company offer individual & family plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas City
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line for a free proposal!